(Skulle det gå bättre på svenska? Ni kan läsa här i stället.)
Koba English is me, Katherine Koba, a one-woman repository of English knowledge. Here are the most salient points of my CV:
- BA in English (Creative Writing) and Philosophy from Hamilton College in Clinton, NY, USA.
- CELTA administered by the Instituto Británico (now the Centro Cultural Británico) in San José, Costa Rica.
- Professional teaching experience within the South Korean language academy system.
- Freelance experience as a private tutor within Stockholm.
- Professional proofreading experience within the sciences (focus on agronomics, veterinary health, and human health) for The Scientific and Technology Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK).
- F-skatt registered.
I have the qualifications and the experience to:
- proofread a variety of documents:
- journal articles
- cover letters
- business documents
- novel manuscripts
- provide private individual or small-group instruction in English, tailored to your needs and goals.
- informally translate short documents from English to Swedish or vice versa.
I do not have the qualifications or experience to:
- write an iron-clad legal document of any kind.
- guarantee publication or employment.
- fact-check documents or verify sources.
- formally or officially translate long documents, or official documentation (theses, diplomas, etc.).
You can contact me in a variety of ways.
- You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can message me on Twitter (@KobaEnglish).
- You can visit my UniversityTutor.com profile.